Need advice on Airbrush Compressors

Sarah Scott
@sarah-scott
01/22/11 04:15:43PM
16 posts

Hi ALL!

I'm tired of blowing through cans of compressed air and have come to the conclusion that it's no longer cost effective. I just wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations for air compressor's. Who has compressors, what type and what are it's pros and cons?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sarah

updated by @sarah-scott: 04/19/15 11:49:03AM
Vanessa Dionne
@vanessa-dionne
01/22/11 06:44:27PM
2 posts
Hi Sarah, I bought a Badger 180-11 on ebay about 4 years ago, used got a great deal. It is affordable and it works for small work load. I also use a badger air spray, it is also unexpensive and works well, could use an upgrade though :-P
susan joyling
@susan-joyling
01/22/11 08:25:39PM
1 posts
go to www.chefrubber.com . they were very helpful for my air brush questions and food grade compressor.
Vanessa Dionne
@vanessa-dionne
01/22/11 09:48:06PM
2 posts
Food grade and professional chocolate air brushes and air compressor can be very expensive, if you don't want to sped a large sum, the hobby grades are the best option. Go to egullet bakery and pasrty forum, there is plenty info on that as well as everything else.
Jenny Bunker
@jenny-bunker
03/22/11 12:33:27AM
10 posts

Hi Sarah,

I enjoy reading your blog! I was just wondering what you ended up getting as I am in the market for an air compressor too. I am just starting out working with cocoa butter and an airbrush so I feel a little lost as to what to buy. Thanks!

Sarah Scott
@sarah-scott
03/22/11 12:46:33AM
16 posts
Thanks! I decided to put it off for a while longer. I don't have a large budget, or much space right now so I am making due with the compressed air. I think the best suggestion was to look at what chef rubber has and I'm sure if you called them they could answer any questions you might have.
Justin Schaffer
@justin-schaffer
03/29/11 12:57:33PM
6 posts

Hey Sarah,

When you startto look for compressors againI wouldrecommend getting one with 2 hoses. It helps with production if you want 2 people spraying or if you just want to have multiple colors ready as you work... It also helps if theairbrushes get clogged you can blow thenozzle out, without having to take the brush apart... its just a time saver once you get into production mode...

If you have any questions just let me knowI have been playing with them for a little while now...

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores