Praline fillings

Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/24/10 08:51:07AM
28 posts
HI, again Im searching for some help. Im trying to prefect a methood of making a filling thats made of Glucose and sugar with added flavor. So I can make a filling for praline.

Does any one have a recipes they want to share with me.

updated by @hilmir-kolbeins: 04/09/15 07:42:43AM
Kerry
@kerry
10/24/10 10:11:11AM
288 posts
You are talking about what the americans call a 'cream' I assume? A good source of recipes would be Ruth Kendrick's book "Candymaking". Another older, but also useful book that covers creams is called "Making Chocolates" by Alex Lever.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/24/10 01:20:19PM
28 posts
Thank you, all I find on the internet is fondand cream filling. I made some peppermint pralines last year and I combined powdered sugar, clucose and water to get the right consisstancy and added some flavor and piped in the mold. Came out wonderful.I was just trying to see if there was a similar way to do it.
Kerry
@kerry
10/24/10 01:23:07PM
288 posts
Sort of similar to a fondant cream but without the actual cooked fondant. Not sure what you'd call that sort?

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/24/10 05:01:09PM
28 posts
I use boling hot water to dissolve the powdered sugar and the glucose, add flavoring. Let cool and then I pipe it into the cavities.People loved the peppermint ones and I found a small batch of them aboout 6 months later and they were still good.
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
10/25/10 05:41:31AM
86 posts
hi hilmir,i'm just curious at what temperature do you boil the mix and what kind of flavoring are you after?i'm assuming you are adding artificial ones (like mint essence oil)?You can also buy trimoline and flavor it the way u want.it has a long shelf life too.
Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/26/10 01:38:13PM
28 posts
Thanks Omar, Ive been looking into trimoline and it looks like it will be the choice for me.I bought a piece of peppermint choclate bar, made here in Iceland the ingredients for the filling was ,Glucose, Invert Sugar and flavoring.And I use pepperment essence from a company here in Iceland and I got an orange flavor from something called CK og GK, Im not home at the moment.
Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
10/27/10 09:57:36AM
28 posts
Update, I managed to make my own Trimoline (4 cups granulated sugar, 2 cups water, 1/4 tsp citric acid. Boiled until it reaches 114c or 235F. Cover pot with lid and let reach room temp.I then added some glucose for consitency and to reduce the sweetness added some Peppermint flavor and pipped in some shells. It was a hit. It was execetly like the ones I buy in stores.Thanks for the help.
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
10/28/10 01:18:17AM
86 posts
niice. well done man!
Mikael Gårdefors
@mikael-grdefors
11/26/11 06:26:25PM
1 posts

Hi and thanks for the recipe. I tried your recipe for the "trimoline" , Its a good recipe but my outcome was far from perfect it came out a bit "cheap tasting"

I think the chocolate I used where a bit to sweet. It got a bit to sweet together with the peppermint creme. Here is a follow up question. Is there really difference between glucose syrup and trimoline?

The classic sugar syrup is always 2 parts granulated sugar with 1 part water.

Ill try using darker more bitter chocolate next time combined with boiling the "trimoline/glucose syrup" a bit further.

Thanks for sharing and also please let me know if you find any good recipe for fillings in the internet.

Mark Heim
@mark-heim
11/29/11 08:14:55PM
101 posts

Easy way is to start with a basic fondant, then make a bob or thinning syrup of sucrose and glucose syrup at a level and ratio to make the creme thin enough to use and give you the final texture you're looking for. Starting with a basic fondant or better yet making your own(its own topic)will give you a much smaller crystal andsmoother/creamier texture. Most basic fondant is an S-10 type, meaning 10 parts glucose syrup solids to 100 parts sucrose.You can hold the basic fondant for weeks, just using as needed with the thinning syrup, saving a lot of time in production. If you need to lighten the texture and reduce sweetnesss you can add a frappe.

Hilmir Kolbeins
@hilmir-kolbeins
11/30/11 09:12:54AM
28 posts

Here is a little followup after months of searching, testing. I managed to make this last christmas after the first peppermint test I started here in this post.

Put 3 lbs sugar into a saucepan and add 15 oz water and mix, heat gently until it reaches 107 C

Add 280gr glucose and and mix. increase heat and bring temperature up to 115 - 118 C Boil for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool to about 45c the mixture should be clear.

Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon, it will gradually begin to become white and thicker. If it becomes to thick ad a little water to keep the consistency right. Add flacor and color.

Pipe into pralines.

This worked great and I got a lot of compliments.

Neha Kanwar
@neha-kanwar
01/19/12 02:17:45AM
1 posts

hello all ,

this is great info and i;m gonna try it out , i;m searching for a long shelf life mint filling for my dark chocolates .

which is the ideal one of these to start with .

thanks in advance.

Goran Vjestica
@goran-vjestica
09/19/14 07:21:59PM
19 posts

Hi, can you give me advice on the production of chocolate pralines? I need molds and another equipment?!

Clay Gordon
@clay
01/27/15 10:45:07AM
1,680 posts

david smith:
I know you are happy with your recipe, but Peter Greweling has a wonderful version that uses fresh mint.

David - is this recipe in Peter's book?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Antonio Garcia Rivera
@antonio-garcia-rivera
11/19/15 05:03:58AM
6 posts
Hello everybody,

On the topic of pralines, for spraying painting in the pralines, what kind of "paint" do you recommend? Something from Barry Callebaut or can you advise something else?

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores