Cream Filling

Gita Schurder
@gita-schurder
02/08/12 01:11:04PM
5 posts

I'm working on making creamy fillings for plain chocolates. I haven't yet found a recipe that I'm happy with and I don't like the artificial taste of the essences. Any ideas?

updated by @gita-schurder: 04/18/15 08:26:44PM
Scott Hoffman
@scott-hoffman
02/12/12 05:59:02PM
3 posts
Heat 1cup of cream in a double boiler
Add two vanilla beans and cook until soft.
When soft split beans and add the vanilla to the cream (throw away the seed pod).
Add saffron threads, 1/8tsp (crushed to make sure the pieces are very small in size).
Stir well (wisk)
Add 12-18 oz. of white chocolate (very the amount to change the viscosity) to the hot cream.
As of late I've been using 18oz of chocolate, it makes a fairly stiff ganache.
Bayla Sussman
@bayla-sussman
02/15/12 09:52:52AM
10 posts

Are you molding your shells? Or were you planning to pipe or scoop them?

Have you tried reducing a puree?

Gita Schurder
@gita-schurder
02/15/12 04:09:08PM
5 posts

Sounds delish. but..............I neglected to mention that I need a recipe that's lactose free. Sorry, any other offers?

Gita Schurder
@gita-schurder
02/15/12 04:11:13PM
5 posts

molding. One other detail which I neglected to mention is that I have to make this batch lactoser free. Any ideas??

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
02/15/12 05:14:28PM
527 posts

Use goat's milk. It has no lactose.

Gap
@gap
02/15/12 05:31:31PM
182 posts

or coconut cream if you want a coconut/tropical flavour

Bayla Sussman
@bayla-sussman
02/15/12 07:53:22PM
10 posts

I use fruit purees, but they have to be reduced. I use cream and/or butter so I don't have many suggestions for you. I know of some folks who use coconut oil or even vegetable oil, but I have no recipe. Sorry.

Gita Schurder
@gita-schurder
02/16/12 09:14:56AM
5 posts

Coconut oil sounds a great idea. Thanks:)

Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
02/17/12 03:09:13AM
527 posts

Gita;

You said you were looking for a creamy center. Have you actually "tasted" goat's milk? It's consumed world wide more than cow's milk and tastes just fine.

Coconut oil will not get you a creamy center - just one that's high in fat.

Sebastian
@sebastian
02/17/12 08:12:32AM
754 posts

I've actually had some made from camel's milk - completely unhelpful, i know, but it was actually very, very good. not entirely practical for you however 8-)

Kerry
@kerry
02/25/12 06:43:57PM
288 posts

Goat's milk contains essentially the same percentage of lactose as cow's milk - so is really only useful to people who are cow's milk protein allergic - not lactose intolerant.

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
02/27/12 12:46:58AM
527 posts

Kerry;

You're absolutely right, and I was absolutely wrong.

I learned something new today.

Cheers and thanks!

Brad

Paul John Kearins
@paul-john-kearins
02/28/12 06:28:21AM
46 posts

just use real ingredients.... or essential oils? And by creamy fillings what to mean exactly? lactose free? um.... ok.

puree soft tofu and about half the amount of sugar in a processor, add melted coconut oil, in a stream until a thick mayo-like consitancy is achieved.... flavour with essential oil of .... well.... whatever, lemon grass? Ginger? Coconut?

chill til firm, cut into squares, or scoop. dip/enrobe. done.

Sarah Hart
@sarah-hart
02/28/12 06:58:48PM
63 posts

You can use coconut milk in place of cream to make ganache. Infuse it with herbs, or chilies or whatever you want. This makes a good ganache but it does have a coconut flavor.

Thomas Forbes
@thomas-forbes
02/28/12 08:35:22PM
102 posts

I have been making ganache using soy milk for the last few months. I generally use the vanilla flavor and often use different frozen fruit concentrates to make a pretty nice truffle. I use the same measurements recommended for creme or milk. 1 1/4 cup of liquid poured over 10 - 16 oz of chopped chocolate depending on how hard I want the ganache.

Tom
@tom
02/28/12 10:02:55PM
205 posts

I have often thought to give that a try, what fruit concentrates do you use, what gives a good result. I have easy access to apricot and mango, I think apricot might be good - with a milk or dark milk chocolate.

Gap
@gap
02/28/12 10:36:06PM
182 posts

Just to put my 2c worth in - I often use passionfruit puree direct onto milk chocolate. Raspberry is good straight onto dark. I use Boiron fruit purees.

Thomas Forbes
@thomas-forbes
02/28/12 10:49:40PM
102 posts

I replied once and it didn't post, so here it is again. Passion fruit is my favorite and a latino market has guava juice and Caribbean cherry which were very good. Whole foods used to have a nice cherry juice which would go nice. I have reduced oranges and lemons. I want to try tamarindo and when I get back to the DR some zapote and guanbana and see how that turns out. Maybe banana would be fun. I will have to put some of these through my juicer and make my own cherry juice.

Gita Schurder
@gita-schurder
03/01/12 09:02:50PM
5 posts

Sounds good. I wonder if fruit cordial would do the same job. Worth a try

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores