preserved cocoa pods how do i get one

Laura Marion
@laura-marion
11/22/10 04:14:58AM
27 posts

HI all

i am in australia and i would like to know if someone knows how i can get a preserved cocoa pod.

i would like to know who to call to get one and how much they cost and how long it will take to get one into australia i hear is take 6 months or more and dose anyone know if you can preserve them and keep the vibrant red or yellow or purple colours

thanks all the best laura

updated by @laura-marion: 04/12/15 01:35:32PM
Laura Marion
@laura-marion
11/24/10 04:01:44AM
27 posts
thank you all who made replies i will let you know how i got one thanks laura
Jeff Stern
@jeff-stern
11/27/10 09:06:59AM
78 posts
Hi LauraGot your email but my response was bounced back, here it is:I have sent to Australia and can give you the names of the people if you wish to contact them about their experience. I know they had to pay some extra money for the quarantine and wait several weeks before the pods were released, and also that they drilled a hold in one of the pods. Below is the general information. Look it over and let me know if and when you'd like to proceed. Thanks!JeffExperience chocolate in its original state-The Cocoa Pod. We are the world's only supplier of dried cocoa pods. The pods come in three forms:* Whole Dried Pods ($5.99)* Open pods with Seeds Inside ($6.99)* Open without seeds ($5.99)These are a great novelty item for a chocolate shop or specialty coffee shop: customers also like them for purchase, especially children. Fun and educational, they make a great conversation piece as well. We ship worldwide and offer quantity discounts. We also sell traditional jute sacks for transporting cocoa beans at $6.50 each.Shipping starts at about $16 for one pod, but goes down in price substantially the more you order. Shipping is based on weight, as pods can vary in size. Shipping times are approximately 10-15 business days, give or take 5.
Laura Marion
@laura-marion
11/27/10 05:45:35PM
27 posts
ok this sound good i think it would be best is i talk to someone who has had them sent over here befor as i am not sure if i need to apply to quarantine befor or after purchese from you but i am very happy that you replyed to me sorry about my email it is block up i need to clean it out thanks kind regard laura
Laura Marion
@laura-marion
04/15/11 10:23:15AM
27 posts
hi all well i would just like to say a big thank you to jeff for making this all possible !!!! i have now got my very own cocoa pods and they look amazing thank you all who replied :) kind regards Laura
Pierre (Pete) Trinque
@pierre-pete-trinque
04/18/11 01:08:55PM
19 posts

Laura,

Just saw thisdiscussion and had to contact you.

My wife and I have just opened our chocolate shop in Arizona and were looking to bring in some cocoa pods for display. If possible could you relay the info on the company you used. I don't see any contact information on Jeff's response.

Any suggestions from you will also be great as you just went through the process.

Thank you,

Pierre

Ning-Geng Ong
@ning-geng-ong
04/18/11 11:28:01PM
36 posts

Hi Laura,
I'm in Malaysia and have pods that I may be able to ship to you.
Im saying this in no certain terms because the Australian government has very strict control over all organic matter that is crossing into Australia.

If you can sort that out I will be able to ship some pods to you in a condition that you prefer.

My trees produce bright yellow to orange pods when ripen, some trees produce pods with a smooth surface and other trees with a rough surface.

true_1@hotmail.com

Ning

Laura Marion
@laura-marion
04/19/11 06:09:18AM
27 posts

hi Pierre,

you can find jeff on this site Jeff Stern is his name

he works from this email

cocoapodman@gmail.com

here is the info he gave me

Experience chocolate in its original state-The Cocoa Pod. We are the world's only supplier of dried cocoa pods. The pods come in three forms:

* Whole Dried Pods ($5.99)
* Open pods with Seeds Inside ($6.99)
* Open without seeds ($5.99)

These are a great novelty item for a chocolate shop or specialty coffee shop: customers also like them for purchase, especially children. Fun and educational, they make a great conversation piece as well. We ship worldwide and offer quantity discounts. We also sell traditional jute sacks for transporting cocoa beans at $6.50 each.

Shipping starts at about $16 for one pod, but goes down in price substantially the more you order. Shipping is based on weight, as pods can vary in size. Shipping times are approximately 10-15 business days, give or take 5.

he is very good he gave me a tracking number so i was able to track the pods in the mail. jeff was very helpfull and was happy to help if i had and qus. australian customes where a bit tricky and took a long time (3 weeks ) to fumigate the pods but it all worked out in the end :) the pods are truly amazing all the best to you and i hope you hcan get some soon too !!!

p.s you may be able to help me i would like to know if you know what is the best room temp to make chocolate in and to store it in ??? also i would like to hear about your shop

Laura Marion
@laura-marion
04/19/11 06:13:00AM
27 posts

hi ning i just recieved some pods a few days ok but if i need more i will keep you in mind

do you have a way that the pods keep their colours ?

kind regards laura

Iván Andrade
@ivn-andrade
04/19/11 03:31:48PM
8 posts
Hi all, in Ecuador we have cocoa beans fine aroma of high quality, we can supply cocoa beans, cocoa pods, cocoa nibs or chocolate liquor cocoa coverage, send an email to dissupp@yahoo.com with your request and we will be happy to serve you.
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
04/20/11 03:14:00AM
86 posts

I was told some cocoa pods come in a jar filled with a liquid that preserves them. that way they keep their colour and do not dry out.Does anyone supply the pods in these jars?Laura did you figure out a way to preserve?

Thanks!

Laura Marion
@laura-marion
04/20/11 05:46:15AM
27 posts

hi yes the ones i have are dryed and this has preserved them but not the colour

i only know one other way to keep the colour but i dont know anyone who can do it

i herd that after they are cut from the tree they are dipped in a lacquer but i dont know if it works

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 4 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores