Chocolate Artist Software/Printer

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
06/02/12 11:28:36PM
32 posts

You cannot airbrush the chocolate-artist (Deco) sheets, but airbrushing the cake art sheets should work. David is right in that "just do what works" and progress as experience comes.

I have done thousands of customized bonbons and I am very disappointed with Deco artists chocosheets. They need to double the spray on the sheets because the ink always saturates the spray then dries and sticks to the sheets.

david roberts
@david-roberts
06/03/12 02:37:54PM
11 posts

I agree Debra the deco sheets are not the quality you would excpect, being as i purchased a job lot package ( never again ) reading these posts encouraged me to try chocolate world, what a difference.

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
06/03/12 02:46:18PM
32 posts

David, what are the ingredients listed for your chocosheets? I am wondering who Chocolate World is using for their supplier. The cake art sheets are: water, cornstarch, sugar, cocoa butter, citric acid, bamboo fibre, soya lecithin, vanilla flavour.

david roberts
@david-roberts
06/07/12 03:49:56PM
11 posts

Hi Debra exactly the same ingredients, so must come from the same company these are made in Holland, loads better than the ones from Deco.There called Bobbon sheets on the box.

Dianne Trinque
@dianne-trinque
07/23/12 02:42:48AM
3 posts

Can this program be used to make my own chocolate transfer sheets to be used on hard ganaches, or is it something that is strictly used with magnetic molds? If this program doesn't have that capability, is there any other program that can do that?

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
07/23/12 09:48:01AM
32 posts

These can be used just like any other transfer sheets you would buy ie. PCB, Chef Rubber etc. You do need to use a white backing to make your image show. If not the image gets lost in the dark chocolate.

Solis Lujan
@solis-lujan
07/27/12 12:55:11AM
26 posts

Has anyone use gold metallic ink transfers on dark chocolate?

Debra Farnum
@debra-farnum
01/29/13 03:00:57PM
5 posts

Hi

I'm looking for templates for my choc. molds, specifically the heart (DCRPDR9013) & the oval (11271). Other than making my own (last resort) I was hoping that someone might already have some templates that they would like to share, possibly?

I have looked into the Chocolate Artist Software, and apparently that has been discontinued according to Chocolate World/Deco UK (plus it was ridiculously priced). I was able to download the software but I need a USB stick to print, perhaps someone has one that they might like to sell?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Deb

Glenn Knowles
@glenn-knowles
01/29/13 04:11:47PM
19 posts

Deb,

I bought my USB stick/key fob from Tomric in New York. Check to see if they any more. Alternatively you can make a template pattern in Adobe InDesign to match your molds.

Good luck!

Glenn

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
01/29/13 04:53:54PM
32 posts

It is worth it to buy the USB stick. Deco artist also has the cake software which is free. If you download the Edible Artist software, scroll way down in the template page and you will see all the template shapes. Just make sure it matches what you need.

Debra Farnum
@debra-farnum
01/29/13 07:53:16PM
5 posts

Thanks Glenn. I checked with Tomric and they are no longer carrying the product. I am now in the process of downloading the InDesign program....Thanks for the help :)) Deb

Debra Farnum
@debra-farnum
01/29/13 07:58:38PM
5 posts

What a life saver you are....I've spent the last several days working on this, going crazy. The Edible Artist software did the trick. I had download the Chocolate Artist originally but couldn't print and the Deco software works with these saved files...Thank You, Thank You, Thank You..

I can't tell you how much I appreciated your advice, :))

Eric Normand
@eric-normand
02/01/13 12:26:14PM
3 posts

I am using transfer sheets made with starch and sugar for chocolates, same as the one sold by Tomric. I frequently have this problem: The ink stays partially on the transfer sheet so I have to make new printshave to trow awaya lot of material.

Does anyone have experienced this problem and if you did, did you find a solution?

Thanks! ric

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
02/01/13 12:55:09PM
32 posts

Sounds like they are the one made by Deco chocolate artist in England. The spray is too thin and then when you print on them the ink saturates through that thin covering on the sheet. If you press print, the dialog box pulls up. Go into "properties", go to "colour/intensity", click "maual", then go to "brightness" and choose the "light" (will be automatically on normal). That will help reduce the amount of ink being printed. I use these sheets when I have artwork that is very delicate. These transfer sheets work great when they work!! The best solution is to use the ones by "Cake Art Intl". There is an American distributor but I find them to expensive. I purchase from "Home Chocolate Factory" in England. Ask for the trade discount if you are a business. The best size to use is TS02. I find the TS01 has caused me grief in the past. The American distributor even told me the TS02 size is a better quality product.

Eric Normand
@eric-normand
02/03/13 10:19:26AM
3 posts

Thanks for all these dtails Debra. I was already changing the intensity of my prints but still had problems. I willtry the one from Home Chocolate Factory.

Cesar Jose
@cesar-jose
02/22/13 04:55:47PM
11 posts

Dear Debra, greetings from Colombia, I read carefully this post and your valuable hints. I was wondering if you can advice me any particular edible ink brand, I am planning to import in bulk since here inks are quite expensive.

Also which Canon model are you using, we dont have all the models but I will try my best and install it aContinuous ink system.

thanks in advance for any direction.

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
02/22/13 11:20:42PM
32 posts

I have used several different brands from the United States. I live in Canada. I've used Icing Images, PhotoFrost, and Kopykake. The best inks for color matching to the original canon inks is Kopykake. The cartridges they use are quite well made. I use the canon mg5320. Canon is always changing their printers so I look for the new models that have the same printhead as whatever model I have. I just bought a new printer last weekend because it (mg5320) was on sale and the price was cheaper than buying a new printhead! I have not purchased the continuous ink system but have done some research in the past for this type of technology. I would be very curious to know how the continuous ink system works for you.

Cesar Jose
@cesar-jose
02/25/13 07:08:43PM
11 posts

Thank you Debra! Here many photocake and photochocolate businesses are using already the CIS system with good savings. I just order my inks from Kopyk ;) I was wondering if you can advice me if for the tranfers on black chocolate you use a thin white cocoa butter layer on the sheet. I saw that some chocolates are a mix of white (photo) and black, but some are 100% black, what method do you suggest? Best regards

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
02/26/13 12:12:36PM
32 posts

I always use a thin layer of white. I use white chocolate and cocoa butter.

100 grams white chocolate and 30 grams cocoa butter is my blend. Depending on what white chocolate you use, you can make minor adjustments.

What CIS system are you using. What brand of CIS are you looking at?

updated by @debra-fleck: 09/07/15 01:15:45PM
Cesar Jose
@cesar-jose
02/27/13 06:42:53PM
11 posts

Thanks! I will make my first tryimmediately I receive my sheets from UK :), on the other hand here I use CIS already in two printers, for regular ink, and there is no brand since those are from China, but for sure price is the best way to choose. You have some that cost like $30 and some of $60, I will go for the costly one. Here is a link with an example: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/MCO-403674573-impresora-multifuncional-canon-mp230-con-sistema-continuo-_JM Actually, I already talked with some people using CIS (no brand) for photoprinting and not problem at all. ;)

Jim Braunagel
@jim-braunagel
03/12/13 09:38:00PM
9 posts

I've read quite a bit on this site, but not seen info that would explain how to print the logos found here: http://www.chocolatceleste.com/

Do you know how she has printed a logo with white that only partially cover the surface on dark chocolate?

Glenn Knowles
@glenn-knowles
03/12/13 09:57:58PM
19 posts

Jim,

My guess is that it's produced by an outside vendor such as Sweet Swiss in Spokane, WA. They've made similar transfer sheets for me with white logos...and the staff there are great to work with. If you find out something different, please let me know as I'd be curious to know how, too!

Glenn

Eric Normand
@eric-normand
03/13/13 05:00:38AM
3 posts

I think the logo was printed with the silk screen process with colored cocoa butter.

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
03/13/13 11:08:21AM
32 posts

There are several companies that can do the customized logos. Chef Rubber, PCB from France, and several other companies.

Cesar Jose
@cesar-jose
03/29/13 08:48:24PM
11 posts

Hi Debra, I already have my canon 4920 and CIS system, chocosheets from HCF. But my first tries were bad. Do you directly use the TS02 on the printer? or stick it on a regular A4. An also do you select normal paper or any other option like transfer or photopaper. Thank you for any direction. On my case between theory and practice there is a big gap :)

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
03/29/13 10:17:19PM
32 posts

TS02 directly on the printer. Attached are the settings that I use. If the images are sticking to the sheet (partially) then there is too much ink flow. The settings on the attachment are for any canon printer. 1482-sampleprint.JPG 1484-sample2.JPG?width=721 If the ink is flowing to much then change the brightness to LIGHT.

Akua Obenewaa Donkor
@akua-obenewaa-donkor
04/25/13 03:12:10PM
5 posts

Please can anyone help me where i can buy only the software in the United States? I already have an edible printer

Debra Fleck
@debra-fleck
04/25/13 04:42:46PM
32 posts

I think that tomric might have the software. If not then Chocolat-chocolat in Montreal will have it. Purchasing anywhere within North America is fairly easy and straight forward. It's just as easy to order directly from Deco artist in England. Maybe even faster for shipping.

/ 2

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Vercruysse Geert

Vercruysse Geert

Marita Lores

@marita-lores • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Pascuas 2019
IMG-20190327-WA0016 IMG-20190318-WA0020 IMG-20190320-WA0020 IMG-20190327-WA0013
Liana Ayala

@liana-ayala • 5 years ago • comments: 4
Posted a new Comment on @jessica-osterday:
"Hi Jessica, I have purchased some cocoa butter from Ecuador at Conexion chocolate, it  is really good. Try  to contact them because I don't know if they have..."
Clay Gordon

@clay • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Need New OG Ecuadorian Cacao Butter Supplier"
"Jessica -  The archive does not get a lot of traffic. Try re-posting here:..."
jessica@graciaschocolate.com

@jessica-osterday • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Brian Mikiten