Looking for Good Sources of Certified Organic Cacao Beans

Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
07/23/09 02:57:38AM
116 posts
I am looking for new, good and reputable sources of certified organic cacao beans. Is there anybody on this forum in the business of selling beans/nibs/butter to chocolatiers? Perhaps a directory of farmers or importers exists? Any help would be much appreciated!
updated by @sacred-steve: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
08/15/11 05:00:27PM
116 posts
Currently looking for Cacao from Madagascar, Venezuela, and Peru. If anybody has any leads on good sources, please let me know.
Duffy Sheardown
@duffy-sheardown
08/16/11 09:29:58AM
55 posts

Steve,

Check out Cepicafe for Peruvian beans. Quality is excellent - just about to get some myself - and they are certified Fairtrade and organic I believe. If you need a contact let me know and I will send you the details.

Duffy

brian horsley
@brian-horsley
08/17/11 04:06:02PM
48 posts

hi from peru steve. i agree with duffy cepicafe has good quality. i'm in tingo maria right now and the naranjillo coop has organic and fair trade cert.to the north in tarapoto acopagro has cert i believe. and there is probably someone with organic cert in the cusco growing area. most of the beans from naranjillo and acopagro are ccn-51 with some other stuff mixed in. piura has better genetics, cusco i'm not sure.

whatvolume are you looking for?

quality specs? (fermentation level, etc), do you care about genetics?

any other specs?

all fermented and sun dried beans in peru will have gone over 50C in post-harvest, if thats a dq then peru will not be for you. many of the large coops buy beans at 9-12% humidity and finsh drying in a gas dryer, which may affect you as a raw producer. i know most of the people in the industry here if you want to talk to any of them let me know i can connect you, directly or through appcacao or the ag ministry.

saludos

brian

Kate Hamilton
@kate-hamilton
08/23/11 04:53:24AM
4 posts

Hi Duffy

Currently looking for a supplier of Peruvian beans too, much appreciate if you could send me contact details.

Kate

Duffy Sheardown
@duffy-sheardown
08/23/11 10:22:59AM
55 posts

Hi Kate,

Try Santiago Paz at santiagonorandinoatyahoo.es - that is who I have been dealing with. I've just ordered 500kg from them as the test samples they sent were very interesting.

Regards,

Duffy

Kate Hamilton
@kate-hamilton
08/23/11 11:23:42AM
4 posts

Brilliant will do, many thanks

Kate

Eric Durtschi
@eric-durtschi
08/23/11 12:21:48PM
38 posts
Hey. I sell several varieties of organic beans. Peru, madagascar, ecuador, dominican republic. I was out of the game for quite a while due to divorce and several other things but am up and running again.
Eric Durtschi
@eric-durtschi
08/23/11 12:23:59PM
38 posts
I have some organic, fair trade here in the states. Not a whole lot left. Only about 2MT
Bertil Åkesson
@bertil-kesson
09/01/11 06:37:06PM
2 posts

Hi Steve,

We grow NOP Organic Certified Cocoa in Madagascar and supply most of the top quality chocolate makers in Europe and in the US. Please feel free to contact me for more information. We keep an inventory in the US and have no problem in delivering small quantities. Kindest regards, Bertil

Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
10/22/11 02:05:11AM
116 posts

Hi Bertil,

Thanks for this prospect. I would like to purchase a small sample from you if possible.

Best,

Steve

Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
10/22/11 02:09:33AM
116 posts

Thanks Duffy!

Steve

Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
10/22/11 02:14:01AM
116 posts

Hi Brian,

We are looking for about 200KG, 90% fermented.

We are most interested in nibs. The 50C is not necessarily a deal killer. We would need to inspect a sample.

If you could connect me to a good contact, I would greatly appreciate it!

Best,
Steve

Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
10/22/11 02:16:05AM
116 posts

Hi Edwin,

I would love to try a sample of your beans/nibs. Are they certified organic?

Best,

Steve

Sacred Steve
@sacred-steve
10/22/11 02:18:05AM
116 posts

Hi Eric,

Glad to hear you are back. I am still dealing with the aftermath of a divorce myself.

Would love to sample your cert. organic nibs if you have any? I love the stuff from madagascar.

Best,
Steve

Matthias Ogonovszky
@matthias-ogonovszky
11/30/11 09:21:17AM
1 posts

1755-cacaobean_vsmall.jpg?width=99

Dear Steve,

We have irrigated cacao plantations in the south of Bahia (Brazil) where we produce high quality cocoa. We mechanized all the process and we are expecing to have +/- 300 MT this year and 500 MT in 2012.
Please find more information, pictures and video on our website .

If interested, please contact me by email on ogonovszky@gmail.com

NB: We don't have an organic certification

Tyler Black
@tyler-black
08/04/14 06:48:24PM
1 posts

Hi Bertil,

Would you mind getting in touch with me so I can try a small quantity/sample?! Thank you, Tyler

Piper Niemann
@piper-niemann
08/11/14 09:56:00PM
4 posts
I can help you source Costa Rican Matina Cocoa. Shoot me a message and we can chat details. Organic fine beans.
Samson
@samson
08/13/14 08:43:58AM
8 posts

"directory of farmers or importers" here-i think it could be a really good idea..

updated by @samson: 06/08/15 05:17:50AM
Jonathan Harrison
@jonathan-harrison
08/13/14 05:07:03PM
8 posts

I think you have been directed to the best suppliers out there. I also want to use this opportunity to alert you of our company. Cocoa Beans Ltd was created in 2009 and we have been the leading supplier of Cocoa in our local community and battling to the best exporters in Cameroon. Contact me at larryheight189@gmail.com for more information regarding our products and affordable prices.

garay more
@garay-more
08/21/14 09:15:45AM
7 posts

i am a cocoa farmer from east africa, and i am able to supply any quantity of cocoa bean requested Contact me soonest if interested lopezmariam3@gmail.com

chocolateworld.co
@chocolateworldco
07/16/17 07:08:24AM
9 posts

Bertil Åkesson:

Hi Steve,

We grow NOP Organic Certified Cocoa in Madagascar and supply most of the top quality chocolate makers in Europe and in the US. Please feel free to contact me for more information. We keep an inventory in the US and have no problem in delivering small quantities. Kindest regards, Bertil

chocolateworld.co
@chocolateworldco
07/16/17 07:10:16AM
9 posts

Hi Bert, 

would you be interested in supplying small quantities of cacao beans from Madagascar to Mumbai, in India - 500 kgs st a time 

Madan

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores