Need to know about parts/manual availability for this machine.

Brandon Buckner
@brandon-buckner
03/11/12 01:07:33AM
13 posts

We purchased this ChocoTec temperer off of ebay awhile back. It came w/o a manual and it works as expected - a digital thermostat allows the operator to set a temp and see the desired temp and the actual temp at the same time. This seems intuitive - as does the use of the shaker. The only thing I'm not sure about is the vertical wheel in configuration with a stainless angled rod at the top. My question is: is this where the chocolate pours off while the wheel is spinning or am I missing an attachment (like a trough) that should be attached to the rod to dispense chocolate into molds?

Another question is: where can I get such an attachment or a manual - does anyone know of a distributor for Chocotec machines in the U.S.?

I would greatly appreciate any info I can get!

Thanks!

1234-chocotech.jpg

updated by @brandon-buckner: 04/09/15 01:23:16PM
Jeff Stern
@jeff-stern
03/11/12 07:06:11AM
78 posts

You're missing a piece that should fit onto the rod, where the wheel then fits into a groove in the piece, allowing the chocolate to be brought up into the piece which has a spout opening for filling molds.

Brandon Buckner
@brandon-buckner
03/11/12 10:13:33AM
13 posts

is it similar to the trough/spout on a hilliards enrober? if so, i have one and could possibly have one fabricated based on this one - or order one from hilliards to modify. Could you link or upload or send a photo of the piece to me? Thanks! 1237-enrobertrough.jpg

Daniel Herskovic
@daniel-herskovic
03/12/12 03:09:52PM
132 posts

Hi there. Jeff is correct in the type of attachment you need. Here is a link -- (click on wheel tempering machine if you need to) http://www.perfectinc.com/products.html You might be able to figure things out from there. Good luck with your new machine. You will figure it out!

Brandon Buckner
@brandon-buckner
03/16/12 12:42:20AM
13 posts

i appreciate it. I think i may have to have one fabricated. It's amazing that there's no chocotec presence on the web. I wonder if they're no longer around. I see the machines here and there, but no company info anywhere. I'm gonna need that spout for sure. I may have a steel place in town fabricate me one. I think I'm gonna mock one up w/ cardboard and take it to a shop advertising stainless/sheet welding.

I appreciate the link above. I came across this one too http://bakonusa.com/ these too http://www.keychoc.com/moulding-machines.php

Daniel Herskovic
@daniel-herskovic
03/16/12 01:46:48PM
132 posts

That is certainly one option. Another option is to contact Bakon USA or Perfect. Show them a picture of your machine and see if they have a part that could fit your machine. If they have something in stock or can create something for you, they will ask you all the right questions about the dimensions of the machine to make sure that what you order will indeed work. Good Luck!

Brandon Buckner
@brandon-buckner
03/16/12 02:08:35PM
13 posts

I appreciate it! I also found Prefamac as a possibility. The issue is the configuration of the holder/attachment for the spout and where it's attached behind the wheel. I think I may have to go custom. I'm open to all options though. Thanks!

Daniel Herskovic
@daniel-herskovic
03/18/12 04:25:27PM
132 posts

I'm such a geek when it comes to chocolate machinery! I think I read somewhere that Chocotec is somehow related to Sollich . Perhaps if you found a Sollich rep they would be able to point you in an interesting direction. If not, you seem like a pretty resourceful person.

Jennifer Roberts
@jennifer-roberts
06/04/12 08:36:32PM
1 posts

I have this same machine and am in a similar boat, as I have no manual, but I do have the spout. I've attached the best photo I have right now if you'd like more I can take more. It's a simple piece I'm sure any metal shop could fabricate it for you, it's just attached with a metal bit and tightened with a fancy nut. I hope this helps.

Al Garnsworthy
@al-garnsworthy
06/06/12 09:41:23AM
22 posts

By the way, the vibrating table on this machine is back to front.. the grill should be next to the wheel, not hanging over the left hand side as shown in this picture.

Brandon Buckner
@brandon-buckner
06/06/12 12:39:46PM
13 posts

Thanks! Since I started this thread, I've actually built a spout out of thin cardboard and I'm waiting for the fabricator to finish up some welds on the stainless. I appreciate you attaching a photo. I believe I have figured out the digital readout/controls - it's pretty straight forward. I'm anxious to put this machine to work.

Brandon Buckner
@brandon-buckner
06/06/12 12:40:36PM
13 posts

I appreciate it! I had flipped the vibrating part around while I was cleaning the machine prior to the photo.

Bill Tice
@bill-tice
06/06/12 03:21:03PM
10 posts

Here is ChocoTec's website: http://www.chocotech.de . As Danial Herskovic mentioned they are part of Sollich.

mariano garcia
@mariano-garcia
09/24/15 03:05:48PM
61 posts

hi, brandon, i need your help

I was offered this same machine that you have, I want to ask if it works well, you who think, should I buy !?

thnks 

sdbusss5
@sdbusss5
01/28/16 01:34:56PM
1 posts

Hi Brandon, I just bought a ChocoTec CT 60 as well. No wheel, no spout assembly. ChocoTech folded many, many years ago. The good people at Sollich assured me that their ChocoTec brand is in no way connected to the old ChocoTec brand, the name is just a coincidence.  Sean Tucci at Tomric and David Laliberte at Perfect Equipments had some involvement with ChocoTec in 1972.  They have no manuals.  The other replies in this post about Bakon and Perfect are correct however, the Perfect spout uses a square hanger arm and the Bakeon is in a different configuration.  I am having one fabricated locally. I have enclosed an image.  I am sure you have noticed by now that the JKV 30 is almost identical. Oddly this Van Rooy machine http://vanrooy.com.au/chocolate-production/moulding-wheels-tempering-units/ is nearly identical.

I am overhauling my machine and I will work on making a basic Manual in PDF for the 8 people on earth who have these things. Also a spare parts list and where to get them fabricated. 

ChocoTec CT 60.JPG.jpg

Erin
@erin
05/31/16 11:13:59PM
30 posts

Here's the instruction manual.  I would talk to Luc at Bakon USA for the replacement part.

Hope this helps,

Erin

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores