Calling all Chocolatiers: What are YOU Making Special for Easter This Year?

Clay Gordon
@clay
03/28/09 12:42:53PM
1,680 posts
Easter is one of the top holidays for buying and gifting fine chocolate and I know that there are many very creative chocolatiers that are members of TheChocolateLife.So - what are you making special this year? Let us know - and please post pictures of whatever you mention.:: ClayTech Note: Please limit file size to about 100Kb so the page does not take forever to load. Maximum width of 800 pixels, medium-quality compression - these are not for print reproduction. Minimum width dimension should be 600 pixels so we can see the detail.Tech Note Too: To embed a photo into your post, click on the camera icon in the "Reply To This" area and then select the file you want to upload. The HTML code will appear in the reply area, and you can embed as many photos as you want, you're not limited to three attachements.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 04/10/15 05:52:06PM
Artisan
@artisan
03/28/09 01:00:18PM
8 posts
"object of Design" is Artisan du chocolat theme for Easter.My favourite piecesVery British punky Duckmade with Brazilian choc that we produce from ground beansShaker egg- finally an egg where you can eat the inside without breaking the egg, just shake them out.These eggs are filled with tiny drops of salt and pepper caramel coated in chocolate.Graffiti eggs "Who's your bunny" designed by London artist Darren CullenFor more visit www.artisanduchocolat.com Pics to follow
Artisan
@artisan
03/28/09 01:06:47PM
8 posts
Here are the pics
Jeff Stern
@jeff-stern
03/28/09 02:19:25PM
78 posts
For the local market here in Ecuador, we are making painted easter eggs. I use a variety of techniques and colors. People don't see much stuff like this here, so it goes over well. On the other hand, people think stuff that is "hand-made" is equivalent to home-made, and have notions of quaint, cute, but not of quality or appreciation for all the work behind it. In Ecuador, if you're not cranking the product out by the tens of thousands, then it must not be that great-at least that's the perception.

For more info see www.aequarechocolates.com and www.giandujachocolates.com
JOE CREVINO
@joe-crevino
03/28/09 05:39:15PM
6 posts
We are making a Dark 8oz egg using Belgian Chocolate (70%) and filling it with a dark kona coffee truffle fillingJoe CrevinoSweet Mary's
JOE CREVINO
@joe-crevino
03/28/09 05:41:53PM
6 posts
Should be dark Belgian chocolate(75%)
Jeff
@jeff
03/29/09 02:43:29PM
94 posts
well...we always make the cute little flop earned bunny and this year we changed up the eggs a bit but our newest fun project are the Voodoo Bunnies. They are selling like crazy AND scaring the children. Whats not to like? I mean once you have a pile of broken eared bunnies what are ya gonna do?
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
03/29/09 02:51:25PM
104 posts
I am making a version of a mendiant- it is oval egg shaped disc with 65% Belgian Chocolate or Valrhona Ivorie White Chocolate studded with an edible viola flower, jellybeans, an almond, mac nut, blueberry, cranberry and crystallized mint. They are packaged in a clear cube with easter grass in various colors and breaks up the usual asst of bunnies. I will try to take a better picture of it today.
Jeff
@jeff
03/29/09 03:01:29PM
94 posts
some more morbid bunnies.........
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
03/30/09 02:40:40AM
104 posts
here is the Easter mendiant
Jeff
@jeff
03/30/09 03:59:23PM
94 posts
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!Thanks rob. We too think they are just a fine representation of the holiday...we sell them for $15.00 each and we have it down to a science. I just made a couple this morning with their eye sockets torn out and the eyeball still attached but hanging down....very graphic but oh so cute.we sold a few dozen this weekend, it was shocking, and we upset a few people too... which is half the fun.....we ship everywhere. .....for a price.1-888-899-2022
Artisan
@artisan
03/31/09 03:13:24AM
8 posts
How about Road Kill Rabbits as a name?
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
03/31/09 05:31:34AM
104 posts
These are sick and sicker still are the people that think this is a cool way to scare kids.I can understand an inside joke in the kitchen but not to actually sell to the public.
Artisan
@artisan
03/31/09 06:03:25AM
8 posts
We have a one shot machine and got custom moulds made for mini eggs for the one shot,then we round them off and decorate them.It's the most efficient way to produce these but of course the investment is huge
Jeff
@jeff
03/31/09 09:48:45AM
94 posts
well melanie it takes all kinds. we make and sell 10,000 + perfectly acceptable easter bunnies and hand painted eggs. Most of our voodoo bunnies grotesque features are being suggested by 10-12 year old kids who not only dig em, but want them extra gory. My daughter made 3 yesterday for her classmates, the kids love em.. Lighten up, life is a carnival, buy the ticket, take the ride.
Bill Tice
@bill-tice
03/31/09 02:00:50PM
10 posts

I have good luck with these, 65% Dark with white marbling. Filled with white chocolate vanilla ganache and a lemon (Limoncello) yolk. Randomly I put two yolks in a few just like getting a double yolk egg. People love them and slice them like bread for Easter desert.
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
04/01/09 02:41:33AM
104 posts
art is in the eye of the beholder.
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
04/01/09 02:54:15AM
104 posts
....and I do believe his work is art,I got a chuckle out of it but I personally just don't condone and promote violence and gore to children especially on what is more or less a religious value holiday.
updated by @melanie-boudar: 01/29/15 02:29:12AM
Bill Tice
@bill-tice
04/01/09 03:44:20AM
10 posts
I mold the two halves and base. Fill with ganache as smush together. I don't melt or fill the joint and as you can see it is very small. These are 4" eggs.
Artisan
@artisan
04/01/09 03:46:15AM
8 posts
That's the beauty of all of us having our own businesses is that we can all do what we want product wise.Some might find it sick and others fantastic, but in all cases it makes the choc world more diverse and that's worth celebrating.For my part i think these would be great for Halloween more than Easter but well done for the idea!
Tom
@tom
04/01/09 06:51:11AM
205 posts
Wow they are spectacular!
updated by @tom: 09/07/15 05:49:19PM
Jeff
@jeff
04/01/09 08:58:05AM
94 posts
thank you artisan....much ado about nothing. We plaan on having a ball with halloween this year.
Jeff
@jeff
04/01/09 09:00:20AM
94 posts
you can rest assured we have tried to crucify a few but they just dont stand up.....
Jeff
@jeff
04/01/09 09:09:20AM
94 posts
My kitchen is staffed by pagan reprobates with a penchant for hard work whiskey and chluthlu. The religious value of easter is lost on us.
Ilana
@ilana
04/01/09 01:05:35PM
97 posts
I am scared to imagine what you will come up with for Halloween... With your imagination! And I thought green frogs with strawberry ganache (blood?) would be daring... innocent me...
Jeff
@jeff
04/01/09 01:11:05PM
94 posts
Its all about the marzipan and cocoa butter paint......
Jeff
@jeff
04/01/09 01:35:44PM
94 posts
Those are pretty. I have looked at your site for years and coveted many of your molds....wish list stuff...
Carolyn Byrnes - C'est Très Chic
@old-molds
04/01/09 01:55:34PM
4 posts

am having fun creating egg boxes and 3-D characters from antique molds. They are all embellished with Lusterdust! I also sell the molds: www.oldmolds.com , I have loads of eggs!
Jeff
@jeff
04/01/09 07:28:34PM
94 posts
ok.....its getting sicker.....by the minute.....these sold today....to a nurse..........
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/01/09 07:49:58PM
1,680 posts
Jeff:You are one sick puppy. But I mean that in the nicest way.:: Clay

--
Jeff
@jeff
04/01/09 07:56:11PM
94 posts
why thank you sir....I really cant believe how well these dumb things are selling....I sent you one for A.........
Alan McClure
@alan-mcclure
04/01/09 08:18:18PM
73 posts
I'm making chocolate bars for Easter.
Gretchen Tartakoff
@gretchen-tartakoff
04/01/09 09:14:52PM
7 posts
I'm making macaroons drizzled with chocolate...for Passover. This is rich, flavorful and a real treat. I drizzled "enjoy life" chocolate chips, melted. They're dairy, soy, and gluten free and as a plus-pareve. I'm experimenting so they got tested out. Any dark chocolate 70%, preferably kosher for passover, would be great as a compliment to the almond flavor. Want the recipe? Check out Recipes with Chocolate
Ilana
@ilana
04/02/09 01:02:27AM
97 posts
As I mentioned, frogs (for the plague) and pyramids (Egypt)
Melanie Boudar
@melanie-boudar
04/02/09 03:03:15AM
104 posts
Hey man, I'm no prude...The religious value of Easter is pretty lost on me as well. I don't read the Bible or believe in Jesus. But many customers do and I respect that. Maybe you make so much $$ you don't care who you offend but I do care who I offend .
Laurie Douglass
@laurie-douglass
04/02/09 11:28:34AM
2 posts
My best selling and tastiest Easter chocolates are my Easter Truffles and the Bunny Bar. The Easter Truffles feature Bittersweet Caramelized, Spring Raspberry and Merlot centers, in addition to the traditional dark, milk and white chocolate. The shells of the truffles are molded with lovely flowers colored with luster dust, great not only for Easter but any spring gifts. The Bunny Bar is a nice alternative to traditional bunnies - it's over 6 ounces and nearly 8" high, and comes in solid or crispy milk chocolate. I'm still taking orders at http://www.laurieschocolates.com
Jeff
@jeff
04/02/09 01:08:56PM
94 posts
they are cool....shall we do the sacrificial lambs next?
updated by @jeff: 01/28/15 11:12:15PM
Ilana
@ilana
04/02/09 05:07:47PM
97 posts
Well!! I will reveal that I am making blood puddles using freeze dried pomegranate powder to color the white chocolate red=the Nile turns to blood...Each family member will get a frog upon a blood puddle and a pyramid.Oh and thanks Lana and Jeff!
Jeff
@jeff
04/02/09 05:18:48PM
94 posts
I like your style.........
Souheila Kurjie
@souheila-kurjie
04/03/09 12:49:01AM
5 posts

Easter at Patchi.us is all about the most decadent Belgian style chocolate Eggs, beautifully wrapped in colorful foils. From Dark chocolate eggs filled with Gianduja to Milk chocolate eggs filled with feuilletine and ganache, everyone will find an egg to suit their taste. The eggs are available by the pound, or arranged on handmade porcelaine and glass plates along with hand decorated chocolate favors--making them a truly chic gift!

For more, please visit us at http://www.patchi.us/patchi-easter-collection.html www.patchi.us
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/03/09 08:45:19AM
1,680 posts
A simple thing, the chocolate Easter egg - elevated by an elegantly beautiful presentation.

--

updated by @clay: 09/16/15 01:07:51PM
Tina Tweedy
@tina-tweedy
04/03/09 05:59:09PM
1 posts
Lana- These are so creative! I love the idea of the "bread and wine" chocolates...very classy designs to represent each. And they sound very delicious. Your "herd" is just adorable.
 / 2  

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores