Quotable Quotes

Clay Gordon
@clay
04/08/08 02:02:51PM
1,680 posts
This is a forum thread where we can share our favorite quotes about chocolate.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/

updated by @clay: 04/15/15 02:52:32PM
Clay Gordon
@clay
04/08/08 02:04:15PM
1,680 posts
"Never mind about 1066 William the Conqueror, 1087 William the Second. Such things are not going to affect ones life but 1932 the Mars Bar and 1936 Maltesers and 1937 the Kit Kat - these dates are milestones in history and should be seared into the memory of every child in the country. " Roald Dahl, author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

--
Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
04/10/08 07:26:48PM
71 posts
"Chocolate- the more you share, the more complete you become" - from a Dove Promises message
Chocoflyer
@chocoflyer
04/10/08 07:29:45PM
71 posts
"You know you're a chocophile when an entire shelf of your pantry is nothing but chocolate products- with a quick rotation" - ChocoflyerPS- I keep all mine in a large plastic storage bin for freshness and organization- one stop snacking!
Seby Singh
@seby-singh
04/23/08 04:47:40PM
17 posts
"There are four basic food groups, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and chocolate truffles." (Anonymous)
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
04/23/08 05:22:07PM
251 posts
Q. Why is there no such organization as Chocoholics Anonymous?A. Because no one wants to quit.
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
04/23/08 05:22:22PM
251 posts
Money talks. Chocolate sings.
ChocoFiles
@chocofiles
04/23/08 05:22:45PM
251 posts
Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.
cybele
@cybele
04/23/08 05:40:57PM
37 posts
First you consume chocolate and then chocolate consumes you.(anonymous)Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate.(Sandra Boynton)All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!(Charles Schulz)Covering things in chocolate is what sets us apart from the animals.(Cybele)
Sera
@sera
05/04/08 11:33:00PM
39 posts
I love that Sandra Boynton one! I have her "Chocolate: A Consuming Passion Book", it's too cute!
Soft centred
@soft-centred
05/05/08 07:09:31AM
8 posts
As well as a passion for chocolates I also have a passion for chocolate quotes. I have been collecting them for many years and will be publishing book of them soon. Most of the quotes will be my own (amusing images, definitions, and insights), but I'm also flavoring the book with quotes from others, as well as with illustrations that demonstrate the power and allure of this superb confectionery. Here's a taste of things to come:"Significantly, in pronouncing the word 'chocolate' the lips are pouted as if to kiss.""Hope that one day this ecstasy comes over you - you see the world from afar and it is a truffle.""Whoever said the best things in life are free was obviously not a lover of top quality chocolates."CHOCOMANIA: The condition of being enthralled by chocolates. the fact that it cannot be cured should not necessarily be seen as cause for concern.
Soft centred
@soft-centred
07/30/08 05:47:58AM
8 posts
I was recently sent this little-known by Alexander Pushkin. It was written shortly after he was advised to abstain from chocolate (for the sake of his health!). Perhaps he should have changed his doctor instead.Requiem for a Chocolate PralineI loved you, and I probably still do,And for a while the feeling may remain ....But let my love no longer trouble you,I do not wish to cause you any pain.I loved you; and the hopelessness I knew,The jealousy, the shyness - though in vain -Made up a love so tender and so trueAs may God grant you to be loved again.
holycacao
@holycacao
10/07/08 11:37:27AM
38 posts
"The problem with chocolate, is that every step is the most important step." - Art Pollard interview with Park City, what an understatement!
Clay Gordon
@clay
10/07/08 12:30:05PM
1,680 posts
I prefer not to think of them as "problems" but as "challenges" though I understand Art's position on this.

--
Teresa Cordero Cordell
@teresa-cordero-cordell
10/09/08 11:15:23AM
13 posts
There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATELinda Grayson, "The Pickwick Papers"I so totally agree.
Isabella Swan
@isabella-swan
12/11/08 07:22:21AM
1 posts
"Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate." Chocolate Shop Online | Date Filipina Online
Clay Gordon
@clay
12/13/08 07:30:42AM
1,680 posts
Attributed to Catherine Zeta-Jones:"The Only Thing Better Than Sex is Sex With Chocolate On It."

--
Omar Forastero
@omar-forastero
12/13/08 11:13:06AM
86 posts
Forget about love..i'd rather fall in chocolate!
Clay Gordon
@clay
12/22/08 06:52:25PM
1,680 posts
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather a skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO-HOO, what a ride!"Anon.

--
Soft centred
@soft-centred
12/26/08 07:30:41AM
8 posts
Those of you who love quotable quotes may like to know I have recently published a 100-page book which is choc-full of them. Called The Language of Chocolates, it is a collection of sayings, definitions, allusions, connections and illustrations (mostly my own) on everything there is to like about chocolates. Sara Jane Stanes, one of the founders of the Academy of Chocolate in the UK, described it as utterly compelling and enjoyable; and Joanne Harris, author of Chocolat , said it was scrumptious. I think it is an ideal handbook or reference for chocophiles - a book that can be taken everywhere, and something to be reached for when in need of an elegant snack, or some sweet inspiration. If you would like to obtain a box, I mean a copy, for yourself, the book is available from www.amazon.com and other online booksellers. Here is a picture of he cover:

Soft centred
@soft-centred
12/28/08 12:07:27PM
8 posts
"Chocolate is one of the most delicious and noble factors of our whole existence."- Dr. Chantal Favre-Bismuth. Quoted in Mort Rosenblum's book, 'Chocolate, A Bittersweet Saga of Dark and Light'
updated by @soft-centred: 09/12/15 07:25:35PM
Soft centred
@soft-centred
01/11/09 06:28:11AM
8 posts
"There is no metaphysics on earth like chocolates." - Fernando Pessoa (Portuguese poet)
Soft centred
@soft-centred
01/11/09 06:34:51AM
8 posts
"When I was young, there were only two kinds of chocolates and two or three kinds of people." - Lord Glenconner
Clay Gordon
@clay
02/04/09 04:52:54PM
1,680 posts
"It's Just chocolate. It's not rocket surgery or brain science, It's Just chocolate."-- Mantra penned by Clay Gordon

--
Casey
@casey
03/24/09 09:34:51AM
54 posts
Nine of every ten persons say they love chocolate. The tenth lies.-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin.
Kristina
@kristina
01/30/10 03:19:03PM
21 posts
I've just revised my archive:------------------------Las cosas clarasy el chocolate espressoIdeas should be clearand chocolate thickSpanish proverb-----------------------Twill make old women young and fresh,Create new motions of the flesh.And cause them long for you know what,If they but taste of chocolate.James Wadworth (1768-1844);A History of the Nature and Quality of Chocolate----------------------------Stress wouldnt be so hard to take if it were chocolate covered.----------------------------Anyone who knows chocolate and yet prefers to smokeis either mentally disabled or a chimney!----------------------------The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and by Shakespeare.Neither knew chocolate.The Swiss are known for nonviolence. They are also known for superb chocolate.---------------------------Chocolate doesn't make the world go around, but it sure does make the trip worthwhile---------------------------In the beginning, the Lord created chocolate, and he saw that it was good.Then he separated the light from the dark, and it was better
Kristina
@kristina
02/16/10 04:23:45AM
21 posts
Schokolade ist fassbar, greifbar und vor allem essbar gewordenes Glcksgefhl.(my attempt to translate)Chocolate is a feeling of happiness, which has become tangible, concrete and, uppermost, edible.Wim WendersGerman film director
Pierre (Pete) Trinque
@pierre-pete-trinque
02/20/10 05:24:19PM
19 posts
My favorite is:"Ne croyez pas que le chocolat soit un substitut a l'amour est un substitut au chocolat," which translates to:Don't believe that chocolate is a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate.Miranda Ingram
Matt Caputo
@matt-caputo
03/21/10 11:34:42PM
53 posts
This quote is not about chocolate, but I think it applies:"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."H.L Menken

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 3 weeks ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 5 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores