Source of Small Scale Cacao Processing Equipments

Ernesto B. Pantua Jr.
@ernesto-b-pantua-jr
02/17/09 08:39:43AM
7 posts
Hi every one we are a small farm in southern Philippines who are very much interested in purchasing small scale processing equipments for making chocolates any body interested in supplying us?
updated by @ernesto-b-pantua-jr: 06/29/23 06:49:02PM
Duffy Sheardown
@duffy-sheardown
02/17/09 12:06:28PM
55 posts
Hi Ernesto,Once you have a list of equipment that will be suitable (regarding size, capacity and so on) keep an eye on the auction sites and you may find things turn up for you. There is an argument for buying new so that the equipment is less likely to let you down - your call I guess.Maybe you could trade beans for equipment if cash flow is a problem? That might appeal to companies/people that are upgrading.Rgds,Duffy
Langdon Stevenson
@langdon-stevenson
02/17/09 05:31:31PM
51 posts
Hi Ernesto,This sounds like a really exciting project. Love to hear more details about your farm and your plans.I am working with another company here in Australia to put together a complete set of machinery for small scale production (approximately 50 to 150kg per week capacity). The aim is to operate these plants in various South Pacific nations, so this might be suited to your situation. There are a few questions to ask though, probably the most important (as Duffy alluded to) is what is your budget?The company that I am working with are considering various micro-finance and leasing arrangements to help make this system affordable to small groups, so perhaps we can offer some options to you.Do you have a market in mind for your finished product? It may be possible to tie you in with our partners trading system.Regards,Langdon
Langdon Stevenson
@langdon-stevenson
02/17/09 05:35:29PM
51 posts
PS - I note in the Hershey thread that you mentioned extracting cocoa butter, we are currently prototyping a micro hydraulic press for cocoa butter extraction (processing up to 150kgs of liquor per day) as part of our system.
Clay Gordon
@clay
02/17/09 06:19:21PM
1,680 posts
Langdon:Any idea what the total cost of the system is likely to be in AUD? How many of the production steps below will the system you're building handle?CleanRoastCrack/WinnowGrind/RefineConcheTemperDeposit/MoldThanks,:: Clay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
clay - http://www.thechocolatelife.com/clay/
Langdon Stevenson
@langdon-stevenson
02/17/09 07:10:56PM
51 posts
Hi Clay,No final figure yet, but, I think that US$1,000 per kilogram is likely.The system will be covering all of the steps listed above (as well as pressing cocoa butter), but capable of being deployed in segments as well. Some of the applications in the South Pacific will only require the first four steps.Langdon
Ernesto B. Pantua Jr.
@ernesto-b-pantua-jr
02/18/09 07:44:07AM
7 posts
Hi Langdon,Wow this is great! First is the 50 to 150kg per week in raw beans per week? We are currently roasting at 65kg raw beans per day. Do I get it right that you have a system for the process Clay described that would cost us about 65,000 USD for a 65 kg per day capacity? Please clarify.And also we are very much interested on your microfinance or leasing scheme. Could you give us a complete proposal so we can think over it? Would you consider barter system of payment where we could supply you of our finished products?Im looking forward to reading your reply.Jun
Clay Gordon
@clay
02/18/09 09:07:04AM
1,680 posts
Ernesto:If you have not already, you might want to look into Kiva.org. They provide microfinancing to businesses all over the world.:: Clay

--
Langdon Stevenson
@langdon-stevenson
02/18/09 05:19:08PM
51 posts
Hi ErnestoThanks for your interest. Sorry for my lack of clarity. Yes, we are aiming for under USD $1000 per kg per week. We expect that whole system should allow two people to produce at least 50kg of finished chocolate from a weeks labour, however, it may be possible (with more labour) to produce more. The cocoa butter press for instance could consume up to 150kgs of cocoa liquor per day, capacities can be very hard to match. So the complete system should cost somewhere round USD $50,000. How much product you can squeeze through is then up to you and how much energy you put into it :-)Note that this system is not currently complete, it is in development. So a final price and specification is still some months away.Regards,Langdon
Patrick Nanau
@patrick-nanau
03/16/09 05:20:30PM
1 posts
Hi Langdon,Can you contact us with information about you equipment. We are located in Solomon Islands and looking for small scale equipment and potential business partnersYou can contact us at www.soltrad.net
chocolatte Roshpina
@chocolatte-roshpina
08/18/09 04:36:53AM
2 posts
HI,great forum everybody. We are a Chocolate based Cafe in ISrael, and we are very happy there is a place where ideas can be shared. www.chocolatte.co.il
Bent ahm
@bent-ahm
02/27/10 11:15:23AM
6 posts
Hi all, Peru produces excellent cocoa machinery. Mainly large scale from drying process on, however, we have just developed a Cocoa Lab equipment consisting of sample dryer, size sorter, sample roaster (100-300 grams/batch), grinder/refiner to 18-22micron in one pass. We are also working on presses and we have a very cost effective pulverizer for cocoa cake. Any questions welcome at ventasrpd@imsacafe.comalso look at LAB CACAO.wmv
david castellan
@david-castellan
03/13/10 05:47:35PM
12 posts
that is one cute roaster
Kerry
@kerry
03/14/10 12:11:43PM
288 posts
So cute - everyone needs a toy like that! Wonder what they cost?

--
www.eztemper.com

www.thechocolatedoctor.ca
Bent ahm
@bent-ahm
03/14/10 04:06:54PM
6 posts
Hi Kerry,the roaster is US$5,650 ex Works, Lima, Peru. If you are interested in a formal quote with including cost of transport to you, please let me know, stating destination?Regards,Bent
Brad Churchill
@brad-churchill
03/14/10 08:48:39PM
527 posts
Holy Moly......How many lbs does it roast at one time again?
Bent ahm
@bent-ahm
03/14/10 09:46:04PM
6 posts
It is a handmade laboratory roaster for 100-300 grams, made entirely of stainless steel.
sibylle
@sibylle
04/19/10 07:39:28PM
1 posts
hi langdon,since this is an old thread I hope you'll know about my little comment here;)I stumbled upon this conversation while looking for just the type of chocolate producing machinery you describe -small scale, starting from the bean, yet complete to get a really nice result.so, if you still can offer this kind of machinery, I would love to know more about it and receive some detalled information, prices, etc.hope to hear from you soon~sibylle
Juan Pablo Buchert
@juan-pablo-buchert
10/08/10 01:04:37PM
8 posts
Hi Langdon,This is Juan Pablo Bchert, we are a small Farm in Costa Rica (40.000 Kg of beans/year). I wonder if your system is already complete. We are interested in developing a small scale industrial process (liquor, butter and powder, for chocolate we shall see).Best Regards (juanbuchert@gmail.com)
stephen sembuya
@stephen-sembuya
06/19/12 09:40:45AM
5 posts

Hi, Am from Uganda, Africa and growing cocoa however i want to add bean to bar in my business and i have a budget of 40,000 USD. Any one who can link me to a smal scale processing equipment? send me pictures too.

Regards, Stephen

antonino allegra
@antonino-allegra
06/20/12 04:10:55PM
143 posts

Hi Bent,

that's a cool bunch of toys!!! i like the roaster and i find the grinder very interesting!

Together with cocoaTown melanger it would make the perfect chocolte lab or a chocolate factory for the Smurfs!!!

An amazing tool for educational use as well!

What is the price of both? can you send me a quote to antonino@cocoafair.com

updated by @antonino-allegra: 09/07/15 05:08:24PM
mohiddin  ghouse
@mohiddin-ghouse
08/11/12 05:00:09AM
2 posts

Langdon:

Any idea what the total cost of the system is likely to be in USD? How many of the production steps below will the system you're building handle?

Clean
Roast
Crack/Winnow
Grind/Refine

cocoa butter pressing

cocoa powder

We aretargetingto process cocoa beans for 1000 mt per year.

Reallyappreciate details of your plant and the costs involved.

It isratherurgent..Can you send details to ghouse8@gmail.com?

Regards

Ghouse Mohiddin

Hyderabad

India

Clay Gordon
@clay
08/11/12 01:22:11PM
1,680 posts

Mohiddin:

1000 MT of beans will result in something around 750-800 MT of liquor which will then be pressed into butter and powder. That means processing something like 3.4-3.6 MT of liquor per day (assuming 220 working days per year).

This is industrial-scale production and cannot be done (let alone be done cost effectively) using small scale equipment. I would be really surprised if you could purchase the equipment for less than US$500,000 before shipping, import duties, and installation costs. It might be closer to US$1 million. You might be able to save money by buying used equipment, but I would be extremely careful about making sure that everything actually worked. I have heard too many horror stories.

As much as anything, this is a materials-handling problem. Storing, cleaning, and moving around that quantity of beans, liquor, butter, press cake, and powder is non-trivial. You are going to want professional assistance from a company that specializes in producing equipment that operates at this scale.

--
lim.cezar
@limcezar
09/16/12 12:39:41AM
4 posts

good day stephen,

are you still interested in a small scale processing equipment? if yes pls. contact me may email add.

l_cezar@ymail.com i can help you. thanks!

cezar lim

lim.cezar
@limcezar
09/16/12 01:31:22AM
4 posts

hello! patrick,

are you still looking for small scale equipment? you can email me.

thanks!

cesar

l_cezar@ymail.com

Andrés Jara
@andrs-jara
06/20/14 11:23:51PM
1 posts

Hi!

Dou you also have small scale cocoa butter presses?

chocolateworld.co
@chocolateworldco
07/16/17 07:17:47AM
9 posts

stephen sembuya:

Hi, Am from Uganda, Africa and growing cocoa however i want to add bean to bar in my business and i have a budget of 40,000 USD. Any one who can link me to a smal scale processing equipment? send me pictures too.

Regards, Stephen

Tags

Member Marketplace

Activity

Keith Ayoob

@keith-ayoob • 2 months ago • comments: 0
Posted a response to "Raw Cacao Beans vs 100% Dark Chocolate"
"@joe-john, I'd like to weigh in on this.  First, some of the nutritional info you post there is reasonable, some is not -- and that's not unusual...."
Tet Kay

@tet-kay • 6 months ago • comments: 0
Xocol855

@xocol855 • 3 years ago
Created a new forum topic:
slaviolette

@slaviolette • 4 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new discussion "Cost of goods produced":
"Hi Everyone, Been a long time member but I have not been in in a few years, the fact is that I had to close down my small chocolate business.. but now is..."
chocolatelover123

@chocolatelover123 • 5 years ago • comments: 0
Created a new forum topic:
New Chocolate Brand - "Palette"
Marita Lores

Marita Lores